Saturday 11 October 2014

Funk



                                                











                        "Time is the longest distance between two places."

                                                           ~ Tennessee Williams, The Glass Menagerie







It's 12 35 and the clock has stopped and that's never happened before.


It was 12 35 when I was born and it has been ever since.







I have found myself knee deep in shit and it is dark, so dark I don't know where the ground starts and the sky begins. I am searching for the seam.



I am coughing and farting and vomiting at the same time. There should be a word for this phenomenon but at the moment I am happy for it to remain wordless.


I have other things on my mind and many questions.




Is this human shit or animal shit that I am sitting in? 

Where am I and who am I? And why has the clock stopped?







I can't begin to describe what it's like to live every 12 35 that has ever existed and to be every person that has lived and breathed for just 33 seconds.



33 Seconds.



That's all I have ever been given. It's not a lot of time at all, barely enough time to scratch my arse or brush my teeth.



I've been around the block.



I was there when they knocked down the Berlin Wall, I was Queen Victoria's chamber maid, I witnessed the great funk of 2257 and I even fucked Marilyn Monroe once for 33 seconds. Couldn't really get into it.



But most of the time it wasn't like that. Most of the time I was insignificant. Doing mundane things for 33 seconds like fastening my cuff links or crocheting or barking. That last one wasn't because I was insane, I was a German sheep dog once.







But now it's 12 36 and I'm up to my knees in shit trying to think of a word for coughing, farting and vomiting at the same time. I think I found the sky.



---------

No comments:

Post a Comment